Life on earth has arrived at a critical point where the quality of life for humans will decline unless there is prompt and significant intervention. Corporations shoulder much of the blame for this environmental collapse given their constant pursuit of growth in the interest of short term profits. Continued constant rates of growth are now unsustainable and have devastating consequences for our children, grandchildren and all future generations.
The fundamental goal of this corporation is to do everything within our power to minimize our negative impact on the environment and through our actions demonstrate how a sustainable corporation can act. We seek to provide an alternative model for other businesses to follow. Our offering of renewable energy products and services will contribute to solutions in solving climate change, environmental degradation and the many associated challenges such as; severe weather and emergency preparedness. Our commitment to a Triple Bottom Line will guide our decision making to focus on Economic, Social and Environmental objectives, not just maximizing shareholder value. Our local focus shall be consistent with the belief that a sustainable future requires thriving local economies that provide local products, services and jobs.
We endeavor to run a business that is fun, fair and profitable; where money is a fuel, not a goal; and where our vision for a healthier world finds expression through the way we work and the way we treat each other and the people we serve.
The below listed principles are not listed in order of importance. All are equally important. These principles need to be pursued together as a collective of values to guide our vision and the choices we make so that we may mitigate the environmental and social crisis of our times.
- Environmental Responsibility – All our decisions are made in the context of the environmental crisis. We seek to do no harm. Wherever possible our acts should seek to decrease the problem.
- Innovation/Product Quality/Efficiency – Maximum attention is given to product quality and innovation as defined by durability, minimum use of resources, non-obsolescence, efficiency in the application to the task, ease of use, reliability and recyclability. Simplifying products and systems is a primary focus seeking the lowest common denominator and greatest efficiencies of design, installation, cost and function. We pledge our devotion to high quality responsive customer service. We are committed to employee education, training and certification and recognize the vital importance of these things to achieving innovation, quality and efficiency.
- Community Interdependence and Collaboration – We see ourselves as part of a community that includes all of our employees as well as our customers, suppliers, subcontractors and the communities in which we each live. We recognize our responsibility to all these relationships and pledge to make our decisions with their general benefit in mind. It is our policy to employ people who share the fundamental values of this corporation, while representing cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Profitability and Sustainability – We seek to profit from our activities, but that is not our primary objective. Money is our fuel, not our goal. Growth and expansion are also not primary goals. Our goal is to operate in a sustainable manner that will provide long term, high quality employment for all our employees.
- Giving – To help support other environmentally and community minded efforts we impose on ourselves an annual tax equal to 10% of profits for which all proceeds will be granted to local community and environmental activism.
- Proactive Stances That Reflect Our Values – At all levels of our operations we support activities that influence the larger corporate community to also adjust its behavior, and that support, through activism and financially, grassroots and national campaigners who work to solve the current environmental and social crisis.
- Transparency – In our internal operations management will work as a group, and with maximum transparency. This includes an “open book” policy that enables employees easy access to decisions, within normal boundaries of personal privacy and “trade secrecy.” At all levels of corporate activity, we encourage open communications, a collaborative atmosphere and maximum simplicity, while we simultaneously seek dynamism and innovation.
- Individual Responsibility – We all pledge to work as a team.
- Communications – We all pledge to take a personal and caring approach in communications and to do so in a timely manner.
- Respectful, Generous and Supportive Business Environment – We all pledge to be respectful, generous and supportive of all employees, of the people we serve and all those within our community.
- Honesty and Integrity – We all pledge to be ethical and honest in our business practices.
- Fun is good!